Every Halloween I purchase my costume at a second hand shop. This year I chose the lovely number above at Second Act in Iowa City. Walking into the store I had no idea what my plan was for this year’s Halloween. I came across an amazing rack of 80’s sequin- over the top- dresses tucked away in the back of the store. This dress had me at polka dots and the gold foil sleeves that deserve their own area code. I knew that I needed this dress so I built my costume around it.
Inspired by the puffy sleeves I decided to use this dress as a premise for my 80’s prom queen costume.
What I used:
- Bright Pink Lipstick (MAC Impassioned)
- Baby Blue Eyeshadow with Blue glitter
- Pink blush
- Fabulous 80’s dress from a thrift store
- Fish nets
- Kitten Heels
- Scrunchie for your side pony tail
- Neon barrettes to randomly place in your hair
- Bubblegum (to obnoxiously chew
This is just one idea that I came up with using a second hand garment. With some imagination and creativity a thrift store is a great and affordable place to great your own unique costume.